Search This Blog

Sunday 30 October 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


This recipe has gone through too many stained recipe cards and printer paper from butter and dough batter.  This was given to me from my friend Krista during second year university long ago. I don't know where she got it from, but I like to think that her grandmother passed it onto her.  This is one of those classic family recipes that you use and share repeatedly.  Somehow, as my friends will attest, the chocolate chips seem to keep their gooey-melty goodness even long out of the oven. I'm actually making mine for a potluck party this weekend - I may have to sneak a piece just for me before I go!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Ingredients:

1 cup of mashed banana (about three medium sized VERY rotten black bananas, you can use frozen ones just as easily - just thaw for at least an hour before )
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs

1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup of white flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips


Directions:

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Mash bananas and stir in 1 tsp baking soda - set aside
In a small bowl, beat 2 large eggs
In a separate bowl, cream 1/4 cup softened butter and 1 cup of packed brown sugar
Add eggs and mix
Stir in mashed banana mixture
Add flour and stir with 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt
Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Pour into a greased bread ban and bake for 1 hour.
Remove from pan and let cool for an hour on a cooling rack before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I need something to make this taste a little more sweet ... leave a message! :)