Search This Blog

Saturday 1 October 2011

Apple Muffins


Apple Muffins

I woke up this morning to a blanket of grey sky and mist.  I felt motivated to bake apple muffins for breakfast. This was taken from my family cookbook that has many a wrinkled and stained page from years of use.  I do have a “new version” with added recipes that our family has – but I keep going back to the old battered and true.

I added the new addition of the Pampered Chef Sweet Apple Sprinkle which was the little extra it needed. 

Apple Muffins
Makes approximately a dozen medium sized muffins. I used both a big and medium muffin tin so I ended up with 6 large muffins and 6 medium sized.

Ingredients:

½ cup butter
1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups grated apple
2 tsp of vanilla yogurt
1 cup of golden raisins
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
Pampered Chef Sweet Apple Sprinkle for topping



Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.
In a large bowl mix butter, brown sugar, eggs, grated apple and vanilla yogurt.
Stir in 1 cup of golden raisins.
In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Gradually stir in dry mixture to the apple mixture until well blended.
This cookie sheet is probably older than me,
but is a favorite!
Place muffin liners in the pan (or you can grease the pan - although I find better results with the liners).




Fill muffin mixture into the liners so there's approximately 1/2 inch of room left at the top.
Sprinkle Pampered Chef Sweet Apple Sprinkle over the tops.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Remove and cool on wire wrack.




I've already had some for my breakfast and will probably end up taking them on an afternoon hike as a snack! Enjoy :) 


2 comments:

  1. Another success in the kitchen.
    Thanks so much for this tasty and easy to make muffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I've got another apple muffin recipe up my sleeve to try out - stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

I need something to make this taste a little more sweet ... leave a message! :)