Search This Blog

Sunday 22 April 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins

I've been holding out. I looked at my pictures the other day and I realized that I had a backlog of photo-documented recipes which did not make it to the blog press!  Here's a one fresh out of the oven and baked today.

I was looking for some muffins to bring to a busy week of work - and with my growing stash of brown bananas in the freezer, and no fresh fruit blooming at any farms yet, I had my idea. Thankfully, I found some magic ingredients that you can never go wrong with - peanut butter and Nutella. I have never paired them together - but now they will be best friends.

Peanut Butter Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins

Adapted from:  http://www.myloveforcooking.com/blog/
Makes about 15 medium sized muffins.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt 
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs
3 large bananas (about a cup)
Nutella

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Get your muffin tin prepped with muffin liners or grease the pan if you are not using liners.

2. In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

3. In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until fluffy (with electric hand mixer or Kitchen Aid)

4. Gradually add peanut butter, banana, and eggs.

5. On a slower speed, mix in flour mixture until well blended.

6.  Drop the prepared batter in the muffin liner so that there is still room at the top (don't overfill! - probably about 3/4 full)

7. Quickly stir the Nutella with a spoon and then drop approximately 1/2 TBSP in each muffin liner on top of the batter.  

8. Using a toothpick, swirl the chocolate around to get the desired swirly effect.

9. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean after poking a muffin to see if it's done!

10. Cool on a wire wrack and enjoy - served warm is best as the chocolate is still gooey.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Use a little brown sugar for the extra sweetness. It will pair well with the banana flavor (I always use brown sugar in my banana breads.) Also adds moisture! You may find that just adding a little vanilla and possibly cinnamon will enhance the sweetness you already have with the current ingredients. -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I need something to make this taste a little more sweet ... leave a message! :)