I've been holding out. I looked at my pictures the other day and I realized that I had a backlog of photo-documented recipes which did not make it to the blog press! Here's a one fresh out of the oven and baked today.
I was looking for some muffins to bring to a busy week of work - and with my growing stash of brown bananas in the freezer, and no fresh fruit blooming at any farms yet, I had my idea. Thankfully, I found some magic ingredients that you can never go wrong with - peanut butter and Nutella. I have never paired them together - but now they will be best friends.
Peanut Butter Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins
Adapted from: http://www.myloveforcooking.com/blog/
Makes about 15 medium sized muffins.
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs
3 large bananas (about a cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get your muffin tin prepped with muffin liners or grease the pan if you are not using liners.
2. In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until fluffy (with electric hand mixer or Kitchen Aid)
4. Gradually add peanut butter, banana, and eggs.
5. On a slower speed, mix in flour mixture until well blended.
6. Drop the prepared batter in the muffin liner so that there is still room at the top (don't overfill! - probably about 3/4 full)
7. Quickly stir the Nutella with a spoon and then drop approximately 1/2 TBSP in each muffin liner on top of the batter.
8. Using a toothpick, swirl the chocolate around to get the desired swirly effect.
9. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean after poking a muffin to see if it's done!
10. Cool on a wire wrack and enjoy - served warm is best as the chocolate is still gooey.